Thursday 19 January 2012

Adult Swim

It felt right to have a look at one of the sister companies of Cartoon Network, Adult Swim  which is an adult cable network which shares channel space with Cartoon Network.



I first came across Adult Swim when I was in America last summer and really enjoyed the animated shows that were shown as, like modern Cartoon Network cartoons, they were original and quirky which really appeals to me. It wasn't until researching for this essay that I learnt Adult Swim was a sister company of Cartoon Network. I've included 3 shows that I like from Adult Swim.


 
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

As you can see from the video the animation contains pretty surrealist humour. I like the clean style of the animation and the variance of each character. 



Xavier: Renegade Angel

I actually came across this show when a friend told me about it. This is clearly a very original animation show and one that contains a lot of surreal and psychedelic imagery. The style of the animation is obviously 3-D and has computer game style graphics. 

Robot Chicken

This show reminds me of a sketch from The Adam And Joe Show that used to be on Channel 4 of animated Star Wars figures. The results can be very funny and I like how they super impose mouths on to the faces. Robot Chicken is co-created by actor Seth Green and has been nominated for an emmy award.



No comments:

Post a Comment